Orion Windows Proprietary Vertex3 High-Performance Glass Technology Is Engineered To Provide Superior Thermal Efficiency, Superior Glass Clarity And Superior Air Infiltration Protection.
SOL-R® GAIN 180
Sol-R® Gain 180 is our standard glass package as it is very well suited to our northern climate. This glass is covered with one layer of Low-E coating and sealed with Argon gas between the panes, for excellent energy efficiency. This glass package provides good insulation performance and maximum solar gain – in other words, this is the best glass option when you would like to capture the sun’s warming rays in the winter. Sol-R® Gain 180 lets winter sun’s heat pass into the home, while blocking 71% of damaging UVrays.
- Good insulation performance
- Highest ENERGY STAR® approved
- Maximum solar gain
- Blocks 71% of damaging UV rays
- Light transmittance: 79%
SOL-R® SHIELD plus 366:
Sol-R® Shield plus 366 is a glass which is covered with three layers of Low-E coating and sealed with Argon gas between the panes. Low-E 366 adds a third layer of silver coating. Sol-R® Shield plus 366 provides the best insulation performance with only moderate solar gain – in other words, this is the best glass option when you would like to reflect the sun’s heat from entering the home. This package prevents the sun from heating the home in the summer and reflects the homes heat back into the room in the winter. This glass blocks 95% of damaging UV rays.
- Better insulation performance
- Excellent light transmittance
- Moderate solar gain
- Blocks 95% of damaging UV rays
- Light transmittance: 65%
- Balance Between Energy Savings And Comfort
Textured Glass Options:
Textured glass options – including satin, frosted, and glue chip – are great for improved privacy! These options are great for bathrooms, ground floor and basement windows, or other rooms which require permanent privacy.
Tinted Glass Options:
Glass tints – including grey and bronze – help to control glare and add some privacy during the day by lending colour and exterior shine to the glass, reducing visibility from the exterior; tinted glass provides little to-no privacy at night. Tinted glass also provides a unique, modern aesthetic.
What is Triple Glass?
Triple glass features a glass unit which is composed of three panes of glass, as opposed to our standard two panes. Just as our dual-pane glass, the panes of glass are separated by a ‘spacer bar’ and sealed with argon gas between the glass. Triple glass was created to address efficiency in extreme climates like the Canadian north.
- Extremely energy efficient
- Perfect for use in extreme climates
- Triple Sol-R Gain with Double Low-E Argon improves ER Value by 6% over our standard Dual Pane Low-E Argon
- Triple Evolv Sol-R Shield 366 with Double Low-E Argon improves R Value by 33% over our standard Dual Pane Low-E Argon
- Triple Evolv Sol-R Shield 366 Low-E with Double Low-E Argon improves U Value by 33% over our standard Dual Pane Low-E Argon
- Triple Evolv Sol-R Shield 366 Low-E with Double Low-E Argon meets Canadian and US Energy Star requirements